Welcome to BKS
WHERE BUILDING KNOWLEDGE MEETS THE INTERNET OF PEOPLE PLACES AND THINGS™
Building Knowledge Systems’ mission is to improve the way building homeowners and building industry professionals gain knowledge about selecting and purchasing residential building products through the creation of project management tools that facilitate the selection process. When building a new home or doing a major remodel or addition to an existing home, homeowners are an integral part of the process of selecting building products, including ecoSMART products.
BKS believes that ecoSMART includes Connected, Green, Sustainable, Resilient, and Healthy technologies. Knowledge about these technologies is valuable in considering and selecting building products for any project.
There is no single place to go to access information about home building products. Given the complexity of many building projects, homeowners need tools to learn about selecting, configuring, and purchasing what they want. In today’s “internet of things” it is still quite difficult to find relevant information about the latest building products. At BKS the internet is more than just “things”. It is also about people (you) and places (project location) that are included in the consideration of selection; it is the Internet of People, Places and Things.
Although the marketplace has online companies selling building products, none offer a curated selection of high quality products, including ecoSMART products. It is left to the buyer to determine if the building products offered meet their specific requirements and standards. Unfortunately, most homeowners don’t have the knowledge needed to make these decisions, resulting in product dissatisfaction, project delays and failures.
BKS is developing product selection and configuration systems which will enable users to be better informed about the products they select and purchase with the ultimate goal of designing and building more sustainable homes.
BKS is currently in the process of raising Seed Investor Funding. Funds will be used to launch an e-commerce platform for building product selection to homeowners, architects, and builders.
Target Market: Initially focused on the $440 billion US housing market including new homes, remodels/additions, condos, etc. 35% of that market is made up of products ($154 billion). Homeowners are selecting 60% of those products, resulting in an addressable market of $92 billion in products.
Milestones to date:
- Creation of a curated database of 5,000 building product manufacturers in the US and Canada.
- Website of curated database of building product manufacturers (HomeProductSelector.com).
- HomeProductSelector.com iOS app.
- Prototype selectors and configurators.
What we are working on:
- Further development of product selection tools.
- Expand reach to customers through both mobile and web platforms.
- Build a system of tools for easy review, configuration, selection, and purchase of products for homeowners and professionals.
- Provide building products manufacturers a uniquely targeted environment to promote and sell their products.
- Build the e-commerce platform to connect our users (homeowners and professionals) to our suppliers (building product manufacturers).
The BKS team has worked together on multiple projects directly related to BKS’ mission, over the last 25 years and has a unique set of skills, knowledge, and experience to successfully address this market.
EXECUTIVE CONTACT: Terry Beaubois (CEO) email@example.com 650-388-6643