Michael J. Tucker
Michael Tucker’s dedication to Building Knowledge Systems is based on several factors. He is an experienced media executive (print, digital publishing, and Internet), serving in the building industry for more than 25 years. His goals include:
- Managing all aspects of the media business, including sales, marketing content, and distribution
- Assembling and leading an unparalleled team to reach project objectives
- Leveraging his extensive relationships with the nation’s leading building product manufacturers and associations
- Organizing conferences and presentations on the Internet
- Disseminating knowledge digitally and in ways that are easily understood by millennials and by home/building owners of all ages
- Helping homeowners make more educated, green, and sustainably oriented decisions through technology-enabled tools such as easy to use apps
- Disseminating knowledge about the connections worldwide of building-industry issues affecting not just the US, but other countries around the globe
Prior to joining BKS, Tucker was CEO and partner at Restore Media LLC, where he managed media projects in the traditional building market including Old House Journal, New Old House, Traditional Building, Period Homes as well as a network of websites trade shows and educational conferences. Restore Media was sold to Active Interest Media.
As a partner at Hanley Wood, LLC (September 1989 to August 1999), Tucker managed the company’s magazine division as president, creating several new publications - Residential Architect, Custom Home, Building Products, Big Builder and Pro Sales. Tucker also directed the team that launched the company’s many websites and interactive products including a Builder Buyers Guide of Building Products. The company was sold to Veronis Suhler Stevenson.
Tucker met Miller and Beaubois in 1992 and led the successful joint efforts of H-W and RDCinteractive to many successful joint media and technology projects in the Building Industry, working with many building industry companies.
Before joining Hanley Wood, Tucker worked for Cahners Publishing ( Reed Elsevier) on many of the company’s business titles including Professional Builder. He is a graduate of the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver with a B.S./B.A in business management.